Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fresh Apple Cake



3 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups salad oil (*Based on other recipes I've seen, I'm guessing you could replace at least half of this with applesauce)
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup pecans (* I left these out)

Sift together the dry ingredients (1-7); beat the eggs, sugar and salad oil together in a separate bowl. Beat the dry and wet ingredients together with electric mixer until blended.

Add the apples and nuts, folding in just until mixed.

Put in greased tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. (*mine was done after and hour and 15 minutes...you should definitely check it early).

Top with powdered sugar or a light glaze (*I made a glaze of powdered sugar and water to put on top)

This is wonderful and makes the whole house smell like cinnamon!

1 comment:

  1. It smells great! And definitely check the cake early. I thought I smelled it burning at an hour and checked it and it was done.

    ReplyDelete