Saturday, November 1, 2008

Slow Cooked Puerto Rican Pulled Pork


From TastyKitchen

4 pounds Pork Shoulder/Butt (*I used about a 2.8 lb shoulder roast - all I could find)
6 cloves Garlic, Pressed
¼ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Oregano
1-½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
1-½ Tablespoon White Vinegar
4 teaspoons Salt

Combine garlic, pepper, oregano, olive oil, vinegar and salt. Rub pork with garlic mixture and refrigerate overnight.
When ready drop into the crockpot on low for 8 hrs. (*I also added a little less than 1 cup of water. I don't think it's necessary, but the juice it created was really good.)

(*I am gone for 10 hours during the day, so I set the crockpot for 9 hours, and then it automatically switched from "low" to "warm" for the last hour. That seemed to work great.)

No comments:

Post a Comment